Our Guide to Shipping Your Online-Purchased Vehicle
When it comes to a vehicle purchase, your choices are unlimited. Whether you’re looking for a car for daily transportation or as a collector’s vehicle, you have the option to buy it from a private party or an auto dealership.
On top of these choices, you will also have to decide whether you want to buy your car online from a highly reputable dealer. However, one of the major challenges after purchasing the vehicle is getting it shipped to you. If you bought the car online, how will you get it to your location?
Fret not, as we’ve prepared a guide for you. Read on to know how to find a reliable car shipping company and the steps you should take to get your vehicle successfully shipped.
Top tips in finding a reliable car shipping company
When looking to ship your vehicle, hiring a car shipping company will be your best option. However, keep in mind that you need to find a highly reliable and reputable one to ensure it’s going to be shipped to you in its exact shape and condition. Here’s what you need to do:
- Understand the basics of the car shipping process before you start doing your homework.
- Allow yourself ample time to research so that you can get multiple quotes and compare their services and corresponding rates.
- Narrow down your list to a few auto transporters and contact them to ask some vital questions about their services, such as the shipping process, timeline, and all other services offered (insurance coverage and operational license).
- Factor in their reputation by considering their safety ratings and customer reviews and feedback.
- Consider all the factors mentioned above and then decide on the car shipping company that is best suited for your needs.
Six steps to follow in shipping an online-purchased car
It’s important to know the typical steps involved in the shipping process so that you know exactly what to expect. Now that you know how to look for a car shipping company, let’s now go through a step-by-step guide on what to do. Follow the steps below:
- Research online for a car shipping company.
- Request a quote either online or by phone.
- Decide on the shipping company you’d like to deal with.
- Discuss the details of your vehicle, such as its manufacturer, model, specifications, and modifications.
- Schedule a shipment with a logistics expert based on your desired dates.
- Discuss the shipping process and set proper expectations so that both parties know what expectations are set.
- Confirm with your auto transporter regarding the shipment.
- Take some time to have your vehicle inspected and reported before loading.
Once you have completed these initial stages, your vehicle will then be shipped to you based on the distance and transit time. The car will also be reinspected to ensure it is in the exact shape and condition before it is successfully shipped to your destination!
At this point, you now know what it takes to ship your car that was bought online. To that end, be sure to hire a highly reliable shipping company by following the steps outlined above. With all these key steps, your purchased car will be delivered right at your doorstep in its exact shape and working condition!
We’re a top auto transport company in California, catering to residential clients who need to ship their vehicles out of the state. If you need vehicle transport in the US to ship your car nationwide, get in touch with us today for a quote, and to learn more about our services!